Back when I was first learning about Schwarzschild radii and Hawking radiation and whatnot, for a couple nights, I had this nightmare that there were little tiny microscopic black holes inside the pores of my skin pulling me every which way. Terrifying.
Another was when I was trying to push my understanding of Riemannian manifolds and geometry and I had this dream that my fingers were somehow Klein Bottles and the plumbing in my house was just leading into the sinks and toilets in this nonsensically bizarre way.
Last night I fell asleep reading about the connections between the Riemann zeta function and string theory and I had this nightmare that was just analytic functions adding to infinity, never converging, and just getting larger and somehow louder and louder in this feedback loop until I woke up with a jolt. My heart was racing and I was sweating and I couldn't fall back to sleep for an hour or so.
I'm hoping someone knows what I'm talking about and can tell their own bizarre physics/math related dreams/nightmares.
Submitted January 10, 2016 at 02:38PM by spauldeagle http://ift.tt/1ZfdALA
No comments:
Post a Comment