Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Jobs to take after pursuing a phd in astrophysics?

Greetings!

As of right now I'm a high school student planning to study astrophysics after finishing school. I'll (most likely) be able to study at the best german university and plan to pursue a phd in astrophysics as well. What jobs would I be able to get once I have my phd apart from research positions?

I had lots of friends (and teachers) telling me that its a bad idea to study astrophysics because space related jobs are all incredibly competitive and the chances of me getting any of the jobs is virtually zero (not because of my grades, or my understanding of maths/physics or whatever, simply because there are too many people that have space related degrees).

I myself am incredibly passionate about both space and mathematics, and if i will not actually be able to pursue a career in astrophysics I'd probably still either study math + economics, space-/ aeroflight engineering, physics or computer sciences.

Also, I've heard that studying physics is incredibly tough, almost not manageable without studying most of the day, is that true as well? I'm sure I'm decent at maths but well, it's high school math.

If this is the wrong subreddit, excuse me. PM me and I will delete the topic, also sorry for my english & thanks for reading / your advices. Have a nice day!



Submitted February 01, 2016 at 01:47PM by vincereesttotum http://ift.tt/1SVO5jO

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.