I've been wondering, NASA and accompanying developers/manufacturers have been working on the first SLS now for a number of years, and at this point SLS is still a couple years away from first launch. I understand this first launch is a test, and will also include another Orion spacecraft on its second launch to space. What will happen to the SLS rocket itself, specifically the first stage? I would imagine the 2nd stage would be nearly unrecoverable, however the first stage, in my mind would partially survive landing on the ocean waters, similar to how the solid rocket boosters of the Shuttle Program were recovered. Finally, will future SLS missions have the same build time as the first SLS mission? Would we expect to see SLS missions once every 6 years? How will the Mars missions ever be sustainable if NASA and LM are unable to build SLS on a 26 month cycle for Mars missions?
Submitted June 02, 2016 at 03:52PM by SwordsOfRhllor http://ift.tt/286yALR
No comments:
Post a Comment