For those who are unfamiliar with the Wow! signal allow me to give you a brief explanation of it. So in August 1977, a strong narrowband radio signal was received by The Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope, in the United States, then assigned to a SETI project. The signal appeared to come from the constellation Sagittarius and bore the expected hallmarks of extraterrestrial origin.
For more information visit the Wikipedia page:http://ift.tt/1CjygsA
So somebody on youtube converted the signal into sound and it sounded like high pitched tones. Here is the recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkycNvrpjCs
As I was browsing youtube researching the Wow! signal I came across a video of a dude claiming that he "decoded" the signal. The video was showing him speeding up the recording x16 with fl studio and making out a voice (Which sounded like a policeman talking through an police intercom)
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9XWMJ4tgts
At first I was skeptical, I thought it would be really easy to make a hoax like this, so i decided to try it for myself with audacity and it turns out it is actually true! Just use a sound editing tool to speed up the recording by 16, you'll hear it. It's pretty difficult to understand what the policeman is saying but I'm almost sure he ends by saying "61". Reply to tell me what you think.
Cheers!
Submitted March 25, 2017 at 07:50AM by AnonCaptain002 http://ift.tt/2n2cdDM
No comments:
Post a Comment