Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

New intern headed to KSC, any tips or advice?

I can’t tell you how excited I am for this opportunity! I grew up in Huntsville with multiple family members in the industry and have always had a deep passion for aviation and space exploration. I recently accepted an offer for a summer internship with NASA and it’s a real dream come true. Starting in late May, I’ll be working on a supply chain project within the Booster Fabrication Facility at the KSC. I just figured out housing for the summer and I’ll be living on Merritt Island.

Anyone that’s spent time at KSC have any advice for an intern that wants to make a good impression? I’m a business major and have to admit that I’m a little intimidated by some of the other interns I’ll be working with that all kinds of engineers.

Any advice to make sure I get started on the right foot?

What’s fun to do on the weekends?

What’s the usual dress code like?

Any local restaurants, bars, or places I should check out in Cocoa Beach or Titusville?

What are the best options for lunch on base?

Is there anything I definitely shouldn’t do or stay away from?

Anything helps!

Thanks!



Submitted April 24, 2018 at 04:10AM by PM-ME-UR-KNIFEHANDS https://ift.tt/2qWnCt3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.