Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

What's Linda Moulton Howe's deal? She seems to talk about every idea as if it has validity. Simulated Universe lecture...

I never really was into her, but every now and then I'll watch something for the hell of it. The other day, I saw she has a new Truth Hunter show on Youtube, so I fell asleep to it (alien videos are great for putting me to sleep fast for some reason).

And then, so last night I thought I'd find another Truth Hunter episode to fall asleep to but instead I found this lecture Is Our Universe Someone Else's Computer Simulation? which is actually an idea I like to entertain, anyway. Ramsey Dukes actually came up with the idea first and explored it in detail, but he sadly gets zero credit. It's pretty fucked up.

Anyway, the way Ramsey Dukes explored this idea was as a way of explaining how/why magic might exist in the world. He said something like, "if you're going to program a simulated world, why not put a few cheat codes in there so we can do various experiments. After all, what would be the point of a simulated world unless you can derive some kind of benefit from it for research purposes?" And so, he pontificated about how gods and aliens that seem to enter our world could be essentially the programmers entering with their avatars similar to the way we control a little man when we play video games. He's a much more brilliant man than I am and the way he talks about it is very entertaining and fun to think about.

Ramsey Dukes also said all the usual stuff about how we've gone from the wax cylinder to incredibly complex 3D simulated worlds in the blink of an eye and, as a mathematician by trade, he calculated the odds that we ourselves could be living in a simulation ourselves and it's similar to what Elon Musk and these scientists are saying, which is basically that the odds are very good if not nearly 100%. In an infinite span of time it becomes increasingly unlikely that we are actually living in base reality. It's just all very fun to think about.

But, I've never really seen UFOlogists throwing this idea around. Is this becoming part of the alien hypothesis similar to how I explained Ramsey Dukes's ideas above? Aliens are beings from an outer world sort of "descending" into our simulation with an avatar similar to how we control video game characters?

I have to ask because I fell asleep within 15 minutes of this lecture as usual. :)



Submitted June 05, 2018 at 08:15AM by NoMuddyFeet https://ift.tt/2LYgPbO

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.