I practiced today trying to reach a place of inner stillness both during my hourly practice, and during my two meditation practices. My mind has been restless and many things seem to drive me out of my place of peace, but conscientious practice helped me to return to the experience that I have had before. I am beginning to experience a reduced appetite for those things that would keep me bound to my mind. At first this felt strange and frightening to me, since I seemed to be listless and disinterested in the things that seemed to bring me joy and escape before. I felt my personal self become distressed over the prospect of losing its fantasies and its ideas of the world and of relationship.
I recalled that previously I had experienced a greater attraction to Knowledge as my experience of disillusionment in the world had been fresh and my excitement over finding the New Message was equally fresh. However, the more I engage with the Teachings, the more I begin to reexperience this drive and attraction and affinity with the Divine Will and Power that has brought both me and the New Message into the world. My fear and fascination with my own thoughts will die slowly while my desire for Knowledge grows. This is true freedom. I cannot be my true self and maintain an untrue vision and understanding of the world.
https://stepstoknowledge.com/steps/Step57-Freedom-is-with-me.htm
Submitted May 27, 2019 at 02:59PM by Everythingisanexampl http://bit.ly/2WaOGH6
No comments:
Post a Comment