Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

What other literature do you read?

Everybody who is active in science reads papers, but what about magazines? Books? Blogs?

An example that I particularly enjoy is Jeremy Kun's blog. He posts really informative primers about algebra, information theory, neat computational problems, etc. that are interesting and informative to people with a STEM background but who aren't necessarily involved in CS theory. It would be interesting to hear about other things of that nature.

I like to keep up in the academic world within and without physics (my background is in EE and I'm a physics Ph.D. student now), but it seems like most books that aren't textbooks are geared towards non-scientists. Same for most news outlets- I like reading opinion pieces, discussion, etc. on recent developments outside of my field (quantum communication), that aren't necessarily drooling over the implications for quantum computers and FTL travel.



Submitted December 31, 2015 at 01:46PM by GooberPistol http://ift.tt/1kwNCFI

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.