Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Has anybody called you "racist" for your beliefs in Ancient Alien Theory? I have, and I think it's weird.

Top 3 arguments:

"It's totally racist to believe ancient people couldn't have moved megaliths around the way they did and to suggest that they needed help from aliens."

"It's totally racist to disbelieve the out-of-Africa theory of evolution." (Regarding a multi-origin theory of races.)

"The guy that helped that one guy write that one book was a Nazi, so that proves you're racist!" (Wilhelm Roggersdorf, Erich von Däniken, Chariots of the Gods, respectively.)

Anyway, my comeback is usually: "First of all I'm not afraid of being called racist. That said, what do you think racism is, why is it equated with 'bad,' and why should somebody not be racist?" The answer I've been getting is, "Well, if you owned a company and were going to hire somebody, you shouldn't discriminate against skin color." To which I reply, "I don't own a company, that's more of a for-profit capitalist point-of-view, and I think companies will always do whatever they feel is in their best interest regardless of skin color. So... you didn't really answer my question with respect to Ancient Alien Theory."

Then I've been asked, "Well what proof do you have about Ancient Alien Theory?" So I say, "Well, I could argue megaliths and crop circles with you, but since you'll probably disagree with all of it, I see Ancient Alien Theory as similar to creationism, so to an extent it's a decision one makes to believe and when you have acquaintances that don't believe you just agree to disagree, which is what most respectable creationists have been doing these days." To which I get the response, "Well that's not very scientific and mainstream science won't take you very seriously." To which I reply, "I'm not really afraid of whether or not mainstream science takes me very seriously. There's a lot of shit mainstream science doesn't take very seriously." To which I get the following, "Well you should study mainstream science and evolution." And I say, "I think most of us have. That's what they teach in all the public schools, that's what everybody grows up with. It's a conscious decision one makes to stand apart from that and decide to believe something else. I can always go back to it I want to - it wouldn't be difficult."

Anyway, somebody once told me, "You can believe what you want." Well, it's really true. You can.

Anybody else got any similar stories?



Submitted June 26, 2016 at 08:06PM by SigmaPUA_111 http://ift.tt/28W2ZTi

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.