Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

In regards to manned space flight, where do you see NASA in the future?

Hi all,

Like many engineering students, I have my sights set on NASA as a career. I will be interning at JSC, and human space flight seems very appealing to me. There is no doubt that NASA will continue to lead the nation in terms of space exploration and scientific research. However, with the commercialization of space flight, where do you see NASA in the future in terms of manned space flight?

Maybe I am wrong, but SLS has been considered inefficient, old, and expensive compared to the new reusable rockets being put out in industry. Additionally, the technologies of NASA are seemingly years behind those of SpaceX, Blue Origin, Boeing, etc. And finally, budget constraints and politics will always limit NASA in ways that private industry is not.

So, where do you see NASA in the coming years in relation with private industry? I look at NASA as one of the most noble efforts ever put forth by humans, but when I think of NASA, I feel more nostalgic, rather than optimistic about its future as a manned space agency.

Please share your thoughts! Thank you!



Submitted June 22, 2016 at 04:08AM by NavyOtter http://ift.tt/28Ojy7f

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.