Okay I'll start by saying I've never experienced sleep paralysis or anything of the sort before and I'm fully aware that this is probably something in my mind, but this has only ever happened once and it is, I would say, the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.
So a couple of months ago me and my girlfriend were hanging out, we drunk a little bit I had a few energy drinks at the same time. She falls asleep before me and because I've had a couple of energy drinks I'm just lying in bed awake for probably an hour or so. I'm fully awake at this point just laying in bed, and I begin to hear a noise as if paper is being blown around in my room, but my windows were closed and there was no paper that could have been blown (my room is separated from the rest of the house on the ground floor). Anyway, every few seconds I would hear this swooshing sound above me. The noise progressively got louder and quicker. At this point I didn't have a clue what was going on and was torn between getting out of bed to investigate or staying in bed to be safe. I opted to stay in bed, staring at the ceiling trying to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. The noise was very clear and loud now. It sounded exactly as if there was a gusts of air repetitively blowing paper around my room.
The noise continues and I just lay still, taking it all in, wondering what the fuck is happening. This is when the blue lights come. It begins with a small barely visible blue light flashing in the corner of my vision, but just like the noise before it, the light gets stronger and the gaps between each pulse shorten. My room is now completely draped in blue light, there are no pulses anymore, and the noise which sounds like paper is very fast now. At this point I'm freaking the fuck out. I know how to lucid dream so I know what a dream feels like, but I am not dreaming. I am wide eyed staring at my ceiling just in awe of what is happening. I never believed in abductions before, but considering the circumstances, I was sure that was what was happening to me, it was the only possible explanation I could think of.
I start trying to think of ways I could stop the situation, so I begin to move about trying to get a different perspective, I eventually sit straight up in my bed. Nothing, the light continues, the sound continues. If anything I believed I've ruled out the option that my mind is playing tricks on me. I try to close my eyes to make it stop but I can see the faint blueness through my eyelids and I can still hear the sound louder and louder.
Now I'm all out of ideas, I don't want to leave my bedroom as I don't know what could be waiting for me (yes I'm paranoid now, the situation has been going on for an extended period of time, probably 15 minutes and it's getting more and more real). I lay back down and let the light and noise envelop me as I I'm half shitting myself and half curious about what the fuck is happening. At this point I see no other choice, I believe 100 percent for real I'm being abducted and I cannot take the situation anymore. I remember my girlfriend is asleep beside me, so I just lunge for her, hoping that she will wake up, see what's happening and stop it. As I grab her the lights and noise slowly fade and my room goes still again. I lay awake for the rest of the night trying to understand what happened, but I can't think of any other explanations.
Morning comes around and my girlfriend asks me why I grabbed her in the middle of the night, I try to explain what happened without sounding like a mental person, but I'm still a bit edgy.
Anyway that was it, my weird night, I still don't know what happened and I know that it is most likely a trick of my mind but every time I think back it freaks me out like it did on the night.
What are your thoughts anyway?
Submitted August 02, 2016 at 05:17PM by confusedcertainty http://ift.tt/2aLn0A7
No comments:
Post a Comment