Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

[Question] What happens when SpaceX or Blue can launch more for less vs. SLS?

It seem at least plausible to assume that SpaceX or Blue Origin will have heavy lift capability equal to or greater than SLS by 2025. Quick Googling suggest the first crewed mission where we do something new is ARM in 2026.

IIRC, each SLS launch is $500m. SpaceX claims each Booster + Tanker will cost $360m without reusability.

What happens to SLS if a commercial company can launch the same thing SLS can, but significantly cheaper(2x or higher)? Or/also, what happens to the distribution of funds within NASA?



Submitted October 30, 2016 at 05:03AM by wizardwusa http://ift.tt/2f1T1nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.