So, I'm 26. I work a job I like and have been working at since I was 12. ( a family business that's centered around children's entertainment) I always felt like it was what I wanted to do, or was comfortable enough so I never really pursued secondary education beyond one semester at a local community college. I've been toying with the idea of going to school in some form or another since my fall/winters are pretty slow. I've also been thinking about what I'd like to study.
I've always been a huge fan of space, flight, and exploration. I follow NASA pretty regularly and am in awe of all they and the private companies have accomplished this far. I'd love to be a small part of mankind's journey of discovery going forward.
So I married the two thoughts in my head. To me, it seems like an insurmountable task that's started way too late, but I'd like to give it a go.
Long story short, I'm wondering
A) what areas of study should I really put the focus into to get the ball rolling?
B) would I be better off learning a trade and trying to come at the aerospace industry from that angle?
C) should I pick a direction right away (i.e. Robotics, logistics, geology etc etc) or see what areas are in demand in say 2 years when I'd be more in position to select a "major?"
D) Is this a pipe dream that I've lost too much ground on already?
I'm open to all opinions, don't sugar coat it either.
Thanks.
Submitted November 15, 2016 at 08:40PM by MuirIV http://ift.tt/2eYtEB8
No comments:
Post a Comment