Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Question:Does NASA have any free Crater marking software

I play a game called Elite: Dangerous. In it there is a 1:1 scale of our galaxy.
From screenshots of landable exoplanets I created this map.

This was done by hand on photoshop dragging the ellipse tool over every crater I could humanly identify.

There must be an easier and more automated way. Surely NASA has something released to the public that could help with this right?

 

I'm experimenting with creating 2D map projections of exoplanetary maps pulled from the game through screenshots and I'd like to apply such a software to mark out all craters on such a map.

 

Is there anything that anyone here might know that could help?



Submitted February 22, 2017 at 08:21AM by OliviaVespera http://ift.tt/2luUrKg

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.