Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Given how massive Reddit is, is /r/aliens really as good as it gets for alien news?

I'm firmly in the "I want to believe" camp.

I love the fact that in recent years, thanks to the Kepler probe, the chances of finding alien life elsewhere in our galaxy are becoming more and more likely.

I love the fact that the FBI has disclosed their UFO documents, and that they're publicly available on FBI.gov. I think those documents paint a clear picture of how the agency's policy was to distract and deny rather than to actually investigate sightings.

I think it's endlessly fascinating that astronauts like Gordon Cooper and others have made statements affirming their own belief in alien life and UFOs.

So when I come to Reddit -- arguably one of the most popular forums in the English-speaking web -- I can't help but feel disappointed that /r/aliens has such low activity and such low quality posts. We constantly get Youtube videos by Secure Team 10, a channel that has been widely debunked for creating their own fake videos. We constantly get posts from UFO blogs that lack any credibility, that report on stories they read elsewhere on sites that are clearly satirical.

I'm open to the idea that aliens might be visiting Earth in UFOs. I'd love to see anything that can accurately be called evidence. Again, I truly do want to believe. So it's really disheartening to constantly see nothing but very high quality CGI, very poor quality video of ordinary lights, and reprints of reprints that originated on fake entertainment-based sites.

Is there some better subreddit for this subject, or is this really as good as it gets?



Submitted April 27, 2017 at 10:50AM by ToBePacific http://ift.tt/2qjmnlu

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.