Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Monday, November 27, 2017

Dragonfly: Why a dual quadcopter?

I have read about the Dragonfly concept, which is a very nice thing and I hope it will be funded.

My question is, why would this be made as a dual quadcopter, as opposed to a flat hexcopter? The dual quadcopter could tolerate the loss of a motor, but so too could a hexcopter, with two motors less. Also the props on a hexcopter wouldn't be in the propwash of other props, so would be more efficient due to not operating in that turbulence.

Would it not be more mass efficient for the same lifting power, while still tolerating a motor loss?



Submitted November 27, 2017 at 11:03PM by TheWayBackMachine http://ift.tt/2AEsHgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.