Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

NASA OSSI Questions! (yay)

Hi there!

I'm a rising sophomore in college (I'll have sophomore standing after this quarter, but I'm technically in my first year), double-majoring in Journalism and Chemistry with the intent to pursue science communication or public policy writing. I'm applying for some internships (mainly Goddard) and had a few questions that can hopefully be answered!

  1. While I'm pretty confident in my skill set, does it seem like I have a shot? GPA isn't an issue (I have a 3.9) but I feel like I might lack the scientific background given that I won't be taking Chem and Physics classes until next quarter as well as after the (summer) internship. I did take AP science classes in high school and informally tutor kids on my floor in my building, but is that enough? Right now, I'm taking mainly communications classes: public speaking, mass communication, et al. I know that's helpful, but are they looking for more of a science background for some of these clerical jobs?

  2. Are you able to use the same 150-word essay for different, but similar, opportunities? I'm totally game for writing a new one for each, but are the mentors able to view all of the ones I've submitted or can they only view their own listings? That's a bit of a sneaky question that makes me feel guilty to type, but I figure it's useful knowledge.

  3. Has anyone done the weather forecasting program at Goddard? How are your experiences post-'weather boot camp'?

  4. What was your favorite internship memory with NASA and how has it affected your networking abilities (the internship, not the memory, though I suppose if the memory actually is applicable, then go nuts)?

Thanks and sorry for such a long post!!



Submitted December 30, 2017 at 02:13AM by __epimetheus http://ift.tt/2EicufU

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.