Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Interested in working for the space program, with mostly web development experience

I'm a web developer with over 8 years of work experience. I am mostly experienced in the LAMP stack, but with front-end JavaScript experience as well, including React, Vue and Three.js (3D graphics framework). I also have some non-web experience in C# and HLSL (games) and hobbyist C++. I'm 99% likely to move out of state as well since it's not really conducive to space industry jobs.

What's the best way to attract attention to NASA (or its contractors in general) from a lowly out-of-state web developer who doesn't really know anyone in the space industry? At least to get in the running for an interview? I've considered first joining the web dev team of a company/agency and moving forward from there. I applied to web dev roles in both SpaceX and NASA. SpaceX gave me the auto reject reply, and I haven't heard anything from NASA (applied 3 months ago). I think my C# and HLSL programming knowledge might help me get into a job for programming real-time simulations, but I need tips on how to sell my knowledge towards that.



Submitted March 28, 2018 at 05:37PM by throwies11 https://ift.tt/2J4WcJx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.