Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Monday, July 23, 2018

Saturn 5 controls

Last year I had the privilege of seeing the Saturn 5 in Huntsville Alabama. My question is about is about the controls and the IU ring. The IU unit contained the core memory ,solenoids, and computer necessary for launch. Did the IU section have complete control of the rocket or did it receive help from the Command Module? Also were the solenoids pneumatic or hydraulic? If hydraulic what fluid was used to actuate the controls? If you ever get the chance to go to Huntsville check out their Flight tested Sat 5.



Submitted July 23, 2018 at 02:45PM by rwe1949 https://ift.tt/2NDz46l

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.