Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

[Question] On refueling Kepler, why not?

Kepler has been extremely successful and valuable. It now running out of fuel was to be expected.

However, why is there no plan to re-fuel it, since it only requires a few gallons.

Launches have never been cheaper, and I would've though it wouldn't be to difficult/expensive to piggyback on a launch with something with the dimensions of the latest cubesats carrying a few gallons of fuel.

I understand that 1) possibly(?) Kepler was never designed to be refueled, thus it doesn't have a simple fuel-intake. 2) It's far away, and not easy to get to, but with patience a viable launch window should open up eventually, right?

Sorry for the possibly stupid question, but I wonder what the reasons are for not re-fueling it.



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 07:26AM by Syrion_Wraith https://ift.tt/2JyDz1v

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.