Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Likeliness of Aliens

[ I hope this is the right sub for this, if not please redirect me to the correct one! ]

At uni, we have just had a few lectures on the origins of life and we ended up talking about extraterrestrial life forms as well. The chances of the earth starting to exist and cells and eventually organisms starting to exist was actually tiny, so our lecturer said that it was also very unlikely that those kinds of events happened somewhere else in the universe, meaning we’re the only highly developed planet in the universe. What are your opinions about it? I‘m kind of torn between believing that the universe is so big, it is unlikely that those events only happened to our planet and that the events were so unfavorable that it is a miracle that we exist today. It is just so weird to think that we are the only living and complex creatures in the whole universe, but it’s scary to think that there are other forms of life somewhere we just haven’t found yet [and maybe never will].



Submitted November 28, 2018 at 09:51PM by minaaa97 https://ift.tt/2zvVvWt

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.