Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Friday, December 28, 2018

What is the benefit of visiting a substantially less developed civilization?

Particularly if expensive or dangerous.

Curiosity could be satisfied by remote sensing equipment. Trade would not be reciprocal.

"Permission to operate" is sometimes negotiated if the other party is near resources but cannot offer them for trade (such as lack of knowledge or equipment). China is currently mining in Africa and pays off local tribes, some very unsophisticated.

There is lore that some aliens extract genetic material that perhaps we cannot sell in usable form. Otherwise, I'm curious why they would visit.



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 12:37AM by posticon http://bit.ly/2EXiPQm

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.