Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Advice for being a competitive applicant for NASA 4th year clerkship? (medical school)

Hey r/nasa, I'm not exactly sure to post this and if anyone knows where I should post this please let me know.

Long story short, I'm currently a graduate student and I am starting medical school this year. I'm really interested in working as a flight surgeon for NASA taking care of the astronauts, researching the effects of spaceflight on human physiology, etc. I know there is a clerkship available for 4th-year medical students at the Johnson Space Center that would be awesome to do.

I'm currently not eligible for military service and being a flight surgeon as I am taking concerta to help me study. Would that be an issue for applying for or working for NASA in the future? I perform pretty well academically taking the medicine, and I would need to be off of it for a year to be eligible for military service. Is it worth it for me to try and not take it or are getting the most competitive scores in school more important? What can I be doing now to show my interest in aerospace research and medicine for my application for the clerkship and aerospace residencies in the coming years? We've had a couple of NASA flight surgeons come talk to us at school and I jump on every opportunity I get to see them. I feel like I need something more concrete to show to make me stand out from the crowd. Thanks guys and sorry for the barrage of question!



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 05:35PM by cclod https://ift.tt/2tFQHdV

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.