Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

My Steps Journal - Step 32: The truth is with me. I can feel it.

During this step practice I was truly challenged. Even though I tried to prepare myself for stillness and focus before practicing, which I did after returning home from work, it was still challenging.

During the first practice I managed to keep my mind almost quiet, with thoughts about my experiences of the day, and my plans for the future interrupting. Even a song that I had recently listened to came in and out of my awareness. Despite these irritations I managed to return to stillness, although I did grow impatient, and after about 23 minutes I opened my eyes to check if I had accidentally left my phone on silent and missed the timer going off. Funnily enough, that actually turned out to be the case.

My second practice was a lot harder. My mind was constantly going off on its own and I had to bring myself back to a neutral state with effort. I practiced the deep, regular breathing, using the na-rahn chant, but it was a struggle. Afterward I felt very calm. Practicing to restrain my mind from being chaotic will take time, considering I have spent most of my life letting it do whatever it wanted, and feeding it highly stimulating input fairly frequently. But it is a start.

I don't think anybody is reading these posts, but I like posting them, even if it's just to keep me practicing, so I will continue.

Thank you for reading!

https://stepstoknowledge.com/steps/Step32-The-truth-is-with-me-I-can-feel-it.htm



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 03:56PM by Everythingisanexampl http://bit.ly/2UXrzPY

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.