Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Monday, June 10, 2019

Please Do Not Subscribe To /r/UFOBelievers If You're A Member There Please Leave

Hi all,

As the title says please be very, very wary of these guys and ensure that if you're a member there you don't fall out with the admins or moderators because they will harass and abuse you relentlessly if you disagree with them.

So this actually all started several months ago, they started posting content on their subreddit and opened a new subreddit (UFODisinformation) posting videos, photos and cases they were claiming were hoaxes, fakes or debunked. The premise behind this was that you should take at face value anything they post on there as a fake or hoax.

I politely suggested that they state on each case why they came to the conclusion that each piece of content submitted was deemed by them to be a hoax, fake or disinformation. I suggested that this would be good practice, I actually agreed with a lot of their assessments that the stuff they were claiming were hoaxes or fakes were indeed just that. I made it clear I agreed with them BUT regardless I suggested they should still give their reasoning or an analysis for others.

The owner messaged me back basically saying I was stupid for suggesting such a thing because he's an experienced and accredited astronomer, scientist and ufologist with years of experience and we should just take his word for it when he posts saying something is a fake or a hoax.

I told the owner of the subreddit that it was his community at the end of the day so feel free to do what he wants and it was just a suggestion and my personal opinion.

I was then shocked to find myself banned from the community.

Anyway, fast forward months later to yesterday, I seen them posting around trying to get people to join the subreddit. I posted pre-warning people that they should be cautious of joining because of what happened. My post can be seen here.

Several hours later I had 5 new Reddit account created and start giving me abuse in my posts. For anyone really interested you can read those posts here.

In the end I decided to stop feeding the troll and stop arguing as I wasn't getting anywhere and it all got a little too childish for me. We had both said our piece and then I thought I'd just be done with it.

Here's the thing though, they've then gone and created an account mimicking my own, changing a character in the username to look the same as mine and started posting obscene and highly offensive material across Reddit pretending to be me.

They've also chosen to spam this subreddit with offensive posts and material pretending to be me in the hope to get me banned I should imagine.

Anyway, I've reported them to Reddit. I'm sharing this on here simply because I actually think the owner of that Subreddit has shown his true colours and is a danger to other Reddit users. Ask yourself would you like someone doxxing and pretending to be you posting obscene and highly offensive stuff across Reddit.

What's more offensive is my brother is actually HIV positive so it's actually very personal and hurtful for them to say this.

You've been warned guys, stay well away because it can get very personal very quick just for simply disagreeing with someone.



Submitted June 10, 2019 at 01:08PM by R1CK3O http://bit.ly/2I6vemw

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.