Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Best things to learn to get into an aerospace software career

I am 1 year out of school and have been working 1 year in the field as a front-end web developer. I am good at and enjoy what I do, but my real passion has always been aerospace--everything airplanes and space. I'm looking to self-teach some stuff over the next year or so and then apply to aerospace-related software careers once I have 2-3 years of professional experience. Does anyone have any advice for what kind of things I should self teach/what is most important to know, or how to best fall into the industry? I have been researching requirements listed in job listings for Boeing/JPL/LM, etc., and it looks like I'm going to focus on data science/machine learning/Python/C++. Currently I'm very proficient in Java, JavaScript, and a decent amount of Python. I've worked with assembly, C, C++, and Swift, though. Thanks, and would also love to hear from anyone who just wants to talk about getting into the industry!



Submitted September 29, 2019 at 10:19PM by bertberg https://ift.tt/2nPvFJZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.