Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Friday, November 27, 2020

Do you believe complex alien civilizations would produce art?

I don’t know if this is the right sub for this, but as an aspiring artist who has seen a triangle ufo (and a few months later I possibly might have been abducted. I still think my experience was too vivid to be a simple night terror, especially since I had never had a night terror before or since. I digress). This is a topic that i often think about but it rarely seems to be discussed in the ufology/alien-enthusiast community. In anthropology, the creation of art seems to be one the main indicators that a species is intelligent enough to create a civilization/culture. Cave paintings seem to have a very significant role in the field of anthropology. I admit that I have very little knowledge of biology (and science as a whole) but I am aware that an alien civilization/culture is nearly impossible for humans to comprehend, however I believe that abstract thought is an indispensable aspect of intelligent life, and I believe that the ability to represent things or figures in the form of art is one of the most fundamental demonstrations of abstract thought that a species could exhibit. I guess my question is do you think a space-faring species would also find beauty in their own form of art? Would there be no evolutionary purpose for art in an alien culture? Do you think that they would have once created art in the distant past but evolved past the need for emotionally driven representational art? Or do you believe that an alien civilization would evolve under such a different set of circumstances that the human concept of “art” would be almost undefinable by the standards of an alien civilization, therefor making this question impossible to answer? I know this question is a huge “what if” and that we can only use humans as an example but I would like to know the thoughts of people who are more scientifically knowledgeable.



Submitted November 27, 2020 at 08:48PM by adolf_kushman https://ift.tt/3o1h207

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.