Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Would you know if you met one?

I’ve always believed aliens existed. It would be a terrible waste of space for them not to. I always believed they either looked like us or could shape shift to look like us, and if they told us who they were, we wouldn’t believe them, so we’d literally never know.

I’ve literally always believed this, in some recess of my mind. I’ve also always attracted and been attracted to strange folks. I’ve met three vampires. I’ve met werewolves and fairies and seen spirits, and hell, a few years ago, I discovered I was a medium, which was ironically where I drew the line. I didn’t believe in those. Well, not that I believed the supernatural beings were actually real. My only rule is that I can’t seek these weirdos out and I have to go down swinging. Fine, I guess I have two rules.

But even though I didn’t believe the dead could speak to people they didn’t know until - I guess you could say they chose me- I still believed in aliens. Or, humans or humanoids on other planets, anyway.

So when a friend asks if I believe they exist, I answer without hesitation, “they have to. It’d be an awfully big waste of space if they didn’t.”

“Do you think they’ll contact us?”

“I don’t know. Maybe. We won’t know if they do. I mean, we’ll write them off as crazy if they tell us who they really are.”

“So you don’t think intelligent life exists out -there (Gestures vaguely)”?

“I didn’t say that. But I hardly think it exists here. Why?”

“Can you keep a secret?”

“Yes” (I actually can).

“What if I told you I was one? Would you believe me?”

I take the popcorn out of the microwave and bring it back to my bed. We’re watching The Big Bang Theory- her choice. I mull this over. She’s kinda weird, I guess, but I have no idea how to measure that, given the people I meet. Not one of my friends is what anyone would consider “normal,” not even the straight ones. The LGBT+/alphabet mafia gang lets their freak flag fly. As an ally, I want a flag too. Just sayin.

Anyway, as I settle onto my bed again, she’s laughing. Kinda nervously. “Dude, I’m kidding. You’re so easy!”

“That’s what he said,” I retort. “But really, why couldn’t you be one? They have to exist. I’m a little surprised I haven’t met one yet, actually.”

“I’m sure you’ve met plenty,” she replies. “In nearly 40 years on this planet, well, this life cycle, I haven’t told anyone.”

“How many life cycles have you been on this planet? Why this planet? Have you told anyone in any other life cycle?” I have so many questions!

“I don’t know. Since Babylonian times. I don’t know. I have to figure out my purpose too, same as you. No, actually. Not in any of them.”

“I’m really flattered. Wow. Thanks. Hey, is god real? Are my parents right? Because I’m not actually interested in their Heaven.”

She laughs. “Which god? Yes. They’re all real.”

“Really? Because the Christian god is an asshole. He hardly seems the right guy to be doling out justice.”

“He’s a bit of a joke to the other gods. And no, he’s not just. But there is justice in the universe. She’ll take care of it.”

“‘She?’ Who’s ‘she?’”

“The universe itself.”

“Do you guys all know each other exists and think earthlings are idiots for questioning it?”

“Oh yeah. You’re all a bunch of redneck yokels.”

“Are you just messing with me? To find out how gullible I am? Are you gonna go tell your friends how stupid you made me look?”

“My friends back on Onairion? Can’t get there without the spaceship, and that got destroyed in Rome like 400 years ago.” Her lips twitch just slightly.

I can’t tell. Is she messing with me? Do I believe her because I so badly want to? Because her telling me makes me special somehow? I normally AM amazing at keeping secrets, but this one’s huge!! And it’s not like I told you WHO she was, so I still technically kept it. Am I just messing with you? Or is this whole story just a piece of fiction, meant just to entertain?



Submitted May 25, 2022 at 12:32AM by New-Cookie-7537 https://ift.tt/GIK5CLN

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.