Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Applying the fall of Rome to Alien civilizations

I was watching a video on YouTube with Lex Fridman (no idea if he is problematic or not, but he gets interesting guests and asks interesting questions) and his guest (Garry Nolan) said something along the lines of “think of all the alien civilizations that have risen and fallen that we will never know about” and it really got me thinking about all the lost civilizations we may never know. Kinda sad. I mean, there’s plenty of lost civilizations here on Earth that are just as sad to be lost with little to no historical records, and I don’t mean to make alien civs sound MORE important. But it just feels so sad to have whole worlds come and go before we even have any chance to learn of them.

What do you all think about this? Do you think if/when we make contact we’ll have access to these civilizations’ histories? Also, if history is written by the winners/survivors, how much is still being suppressed even if we DID have a log of their planet’s history?



Submitted August 11, 2022 at 08:34AM by HaleyStar85 https://ift.tt/U3GWbyz

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.