Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

A dream I had, that I cannot explain. Please give me your thoughts

It all started around 2 in the morning. I had gone to bed at my usual 11:30pm time to prepare and wake up for work in the morning. I remember waking up so very tired but something brought me out of bed. Usually I will get out of bed if I can’t sleep or my stomach is upset to not annoy my fiancé as she sleeps, I can flop around like a fish if I am restless. Something inside of me told me to go downstairs and lay on the couch for a bit. The way the house works we have our living room that looks into the dining room and kitchen. We have a sliding screen door that looks out over other condos that we are connected to into a big open back area that leads up to woods. At night you can easily see the porch lights of 3 other condos as well as a street light into the far court of the next building over. We usually kept our blinds half way open and closed as our cats love to just sit and look outside, its also a safe area so no concern of break in. Back to me getting out of bed and wanting to go downstairs to lay on the couch. I remember struggling to even get myself out of bed and finding the energy to walk downstairs. I found myself laying on the couch comfortable and looking out my screen door into the back yard area. My cat came over and started laying on my chest, this is an important memory because it will come up in a few seconds. I started to instantly dose off as I was very exhausted. I recall myself going in and out of sleep for the next 30 minutes or so but what was odd was one of the times I woke up, I noticed all the lights in the backyard were off. I couldn’t see the street light nor the porch lights of the three condos. I had initially thought the power went out as it seemed anything would get us out of power and it was summer after all so it was a hot night. I didn’t think anything of it as I closed my eyes to fall back asleep with my cat laying peacefully on me.
The next time I actually remember waking up there was just darkness outside, it looked as if nothing existed outside of my house. My eyes started to adjust and I saw what looked to be the shadow of a figure at my screen door. Nothing usefully frightens me so I decided to get up, my cat jumped off of me, and I went to the back door. I looked outside expecting to see trees and buildings but just no power, and what I saw was once again blackness. I did not see the shadow of anyone in the area but I also did not see trees, buildings, my cement porch, I saw complete blackness. I decided to get a drink of water as I figured at this point I was just so exhausted that nothing was making sense. I remember drinking the water and setting the glass in the sink and then waking back through my kitchen to lay back down on the couch. Once again, usually at this point I would just head up to bed.

Back to the importance of my cat, the way he works is he is very loving but for only a minute. He will happily sleep on you for hours but the second you move he wakes up and starts to go berserk. As I am laying on the couch my cat is no longer sleeping on my chest and my eyes slowly drift off. The next thing I remember I wake up with my cat on my chest, lights on in the backyard, and the memories of what happened. The memory of the blackness outside with the dark shadow at my screen door. The memory of getting the drink of water and my cat jumping off me. But when I woke up this time, it was as if I never moved.

To this day, this dream bothers me. I recall it in very vivid detail and it happened months ago. I truly wish I understood and knew what happened to me. I have read about astral projection, but this felt different. This felt like maybe I was not in control of my body or as if memories were put in my brain almost. To this day, it is the only experience in my life that truly bothers me and that I cannot explain.



Submitted November 12, 2016 at 10:14PM by gowingsgo http://ift.tt/2g6CGRN

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.