Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Monday, November 14, 2016

What's the point of covering it up?

If aliens are visiting / have visited earth, what would be the point of covering it up? In the show they say things like "reality would be shattered, people would be in the streets rioting and burning cities to the ground, and nobody's worldview would ever be the same again!" and it just seems far too sensationalist.

It's 2016, are there really that many nutjobs who still think the earth is the center of the universe? Almost every single person I know believes there is a very high probability of aliens existing, so I don't see how our beliefs would be "completely shattered" or anything of the sort. If anything, my first thought would be "cool!" and I'd immediately try to find out how to meet them, how to be friends with them, learn from them, etc.

I could understand covering it up back in the 1500's but nowadays it just seems kind of pointless.



Submitted November 14, 2016 at 09:14PM by blippyz http://ift.tt/2fb0pw1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.