Flipboard

View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine. View my Flipboard Magazine.

Saturday, May 14, 2022

If the universe expands faster than the speed of light, doesn't that make it near impossible for us to be found?

From what I understand, gravity combats this to some degree, so our own galaxy isn't being torn apart and thinned out FTL, but wouldn't it drastically limit the options of where life could arrive- and detect us from still?

Follow-up question: to what extent are aliens theorised to be intergalactic? If the common assumption is that all signs of alien life come from within the milky way, I guess expansion doesn't matter as much.



Submitted May 14, 2022 at 03:45AM by breadlump https://ift.tt/Yy2EuvR

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Omnism?

Omnism-How Omnism works

A brief overview of how Omnism sees God.